Thursday, October 9, 2008

I lost my best friend and mother!

I know everyone has probably been wondering when I was going to post. I wasn't sure whether I was going to or not, but then I decided that my mom deserved to be remembered in any way possible. So for those of you that don't know her, I am going to do my best to make sure that you know what an angel she really was and for those that do, I will just help remind you what a wonderful lady she truly was.


She was one of the most important things in my life; she was my best friend, she was everything to me and my kids. There wasn't a day that went by that we didn't go to my parents' house to do dinner, hang out, and etc. She was always thinking of others. She loved to do things for others. She was just an amazing person. Our family has suffered a tremendous lost and it has just been devastating. I really have been proud of my dad. He was by my mom's side through everything and she was the love of his life. He has had a hard time but he is really working through things well. He has been reading a lot of books and doing a lot of praying and he has been stronger than most of us through this. I love you dad.


I would continue on but at this point in time I am still really angry at the doctors and the way she was treated and the fact that she was taken from us so all you would hear is complaints and whining! So for now I am just going to post a video of our Angel and a few other things in case there were some of you who weren't able to see them.


Thanks to everyone for all of their love and support. Everyone has been great and my family is truly grateful. A special thanks to T.J. Eich; she really helped me with the video.

8 comments:

Hallie said...

Becky, I am so sorry! I can't even imagine what you must be going through. Your mom was such a special lady and will be missed so much. You are such a wonderful person Becky, always remember that! I'm here for you for anything that you need. Please call me if I can help you in any way. I love you!!

Traci said...

Hey Becky, I have to say I know how you feel. Losing both my inlaws and a brother in law all in 2 years is hard and leaves so many questions. Hang in there and know that you are in our prayers and that we love you. Take care of yourself and let people help when you need it. I would be happy to do what ever you may need. You are a sweet person and take after your mother. She raised some good kids.

Layla said...

Becky, I am so sad for you and your family. You are such a close family which makes this especially heartbreaking. Not many people experience that. Your mom was amazing and beautiful inside and out. You remind me of her so much. So many people loved her. I would do anything to help you out, Becky. Call me anytime.
Layla

Chlarson Family said...

Becky, my heart aches for you and your sweet family. I loved Charlayne...she was an amazing lady. I never heard her say one unkind thing about anybody. She was and is an angel. I pray for each of you by name everyday. I wish I could take some of your pain. Hang in there!

Emily said...

I am thinking of you! I just loved reading the program and poem that you wrote. It was amazing! I remember all of the support she gave to you and all your friends. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You (and your family)will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kenton and Marianne Ogg said...

I can't imagine how much it hurts. I called my mom as soon as I heard and she and I had a good cry together. Us Ashtons sure loved your mom. She was such a great neighbor and I loved everything about her. One of my favorite memories was how creative she was. I was only in my teens, but I loved all her cute decorations she made. I always wanted my house to be like hers. She was fantastic! Please give your dad a hug from me!
Marianne

Travis & Kalee Tenney said...

Becky - The video is amazing! You did such a wonderful job - I can't believe how much you look like your mom. I can't imagine how hard life is right now for you. I know you're a good mom to your kids like Charlayne was to you. As I watched the video the talk from conference from Elder Holland came to mind about angels will have charge over us. I'm sure she is close to you and your family and will help you throughout your life. I don't think death will keep her away from her family - family is everything to Charlayne! Anyway - I loved your mom too - she was always so sweet to my kids and they called her grandma Brewer. If you need anything or want a break and want to bring your kids over...we would love it. Take Care - Love - Kalee

Curtis Chicks said...

Becky - I dont' know if you remember me (Amy Burkett) but I definitely remember your mom. She was an amazing woman and I've been following yours and Charlee's blogs and she has a lot to be proud of. She raised some amazing kids. You guys have done her proud through this whole ordeal. I can't imagine what you're going through but I do know what its like to lose someone close to you. My heart hurts for your family and I'm extremely sorry for how you are feeling. I just wanted you to know that your mom has touched lives all the way to Houston, TX.

Keep your head up you were an amazing girl and I know your mom is looking down and is proud of the woman you have become.

All my love,
Amy (Burkett) Curtis